Oct 1, 2018
Our allies come in all shapes and forms. They can be mentors, sponsors, advocates, champions, or sounding boards. This personal story will touch your heart as a son and his mother share how they became allies for one another, and how that influences their views of gender equality in the workplace today.
Key lessons you will learn from their ally journey:
- Be kind to others. Kindness as an ally is paramount.
- Find a way to balance gender roles, and be as blind to them as possible in the workplace.
- Assume people are coming from a good place. Most people want to be helpful.
- Find your gender role comfort zone. Flex to be more aggressive or more collaborative given the situation.
- See both sides of the situation, rather than men and women, see . others as humans.
Learn more and connect with Sean at https://www.linkedin.com/in/seansullivan110/.